My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, February 24, 2012

An encounter with Lost Little Angels!


Last night on my way home from the office I stop by at Mcdonalds for a Mcfloat to sip while riding a jeepney...along the way I sip once in a while and it gives a relaxing feelings. It was past 7pm and it is already dark along Coastal road. I saw the crescent moon with a dim light placing so low that I thought it will touch down on the face of the sea. What a scene? As I saw at the upper part of the moon is two stars that shines so bright and lining vertically with the moon.

The traffic is light and I feel that my trip was short. I drop off along NAIA road and walk under the flyover as I used to and go towards the waiting area alongside the hiway. As I pass by the KFC store a child hold my hand which holding the mcfloat that I carry and almost empty with just ice inside. He wanted to have it to drink the remaining. I was shy of myself to give it and told him that it’s empty already, though hesitating I let go of the cup since he (the child) doesn’t want to let it go already. A man walking alongside near me laugh as he saw what was happening. As I continue walking I though of turning back and find the child, I will just give him also the Pansit (noodles) that I have on my bag. As I look for him I noticed that there were several children playing in front of the KFC store and the child that got my mcfloat is sharing it with another little girl younger than him. She maybe 2 or 3 years old while the boy is maybe 4 years old. I went to him and give the noodles in plastic. I told him to eat it that it's clean and then I walk away.

While walking I feel that I can't breathe and that my eyes want to let go of tears. I feel a painful feelings inside me but I don't know if it's anger or to whom should I get angry with or pity towards the children and whom should I blame? I stop walking for awhile but didn't make a move. And then I calm myself and continue walking. I thought that my nephews and nieces are still lucky enough though they are fatherless or may I say living away from their fathers (theirs are unwed mothers, my two sisters). But maybe I feel the pain because I can see the problem but I don't know what to do or that I can't do anything and helpless too! Who should do something to help those children on the streets? They are too young and vulnerable to explore the depth of the darkness of the streets. I wonder where are their parents on those times? How these children get their three meals a day? Do they have shelter to even clean theirselves? Well obviously this last thing is not applicable as I saw their appearance with dirts anywhere from their faces to their clothes. I'm also ashamed of myself that I can see them but not able to contribute anything to make their situation better. As there is a saying We all live not only for ourselves but for each other.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home